Treasury & FX
- Term Deposits for periods starting from 1 week up to 1 year to suit different customers’ needs. Term Deposits are issued in any of the following currencies; EGP, USD, EUR, GBP, or SAR.
- Other FCY long term saving schemes are also available at Banque du Caire such as 1, 3, and 5 years CDs in USD, EUR, and GBP.
- Providing competitive exchange rates either against EGP or foreign currencies.
- Providing a variety of financial derivatives to hedge customer’s potential exposure like Interest Rate Swap (IRS) and FX Forward Contracts:
Interest Rate Swaps
- Interest Rate Swaps “IRS” is the exchange of a fixed interest payments rate for floating rate payments, or vice versa.
- Under the IRS, customer’s floating rate obligations will be exchanged with fixed-rate obligations through paying a fixed interest to the bank.
- IRS is usually contracted to secure the future commitments of customers through:
- Fixing the interest rate of each instalment; therefore, avoiding the fluctuations of the interest rate market
- Fully assessing future commitments
- Optimum certainty of the outgoing cash flow at different commitment dates
FX Forward Contracts:
A Forward Exchange Contract is a special type of foreign currency transaction. Forward Contracts are agreements between two parties (the bank and the client) to exchange two designated currencies at a specific time in the future. Such a product helps the client to protect against potential fx fluctuations.
The Ministry of Finance issues Treasury Bills auctions for different tenors (3,6,9&12 months ) and Treasury Bonds auctions for different tenors (3,5,7,&10 years) , which are used to finance the internal government’s debt.
Banque du Caire is an authorized bank to act as a primary dealer on behalf of the Ministry of Finance which enables the bank to subscribe immediately to the auctions for its own portfolio or the bank’s clients upon their orders . Banque du Caire is also an active player in the Secondary Market.
Sales Desk Direct Access
- Real time quotations and pricing for all Treasury products
- All treasury products sale to customers
- Evaluation of customer’s cash flow precisely according to business needs
Research and Analysis
A daily “Morning Brief” is prepared by the Treasury Group. The Morning Brief contains information such as; FX rates, LIBOR, Deposits rates, latest market bulletins and news, major commodity rates, top stock exchanges indices and other useful information.